Every gift of any size counts. Every gift matters today.
Support Students to Achieve their Dreams in Science and Engineering Fields
Your gift to the Hertz Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3), gives exceptionally creative and innovative young men and women the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree in the applied physical, engineering and biological sciences with financial, technical, and mentoring support. The Hertz Graduate Fellowship, free from traditional research restrictions, provides Fellows with the maximum freedom to innovate.
IMPACT AND ACCOLADES
Remarkable Creativity of Hertz Fellows have earned them many of the most prestigious awards including:
- 2 Nobel Laureates in Physics
- 36 Elected Members to the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Fields Medal Laureate
- Turing Award Laureate
- National Medal of Science Laureate
- National Medal of Technology and Innovation Laureate (formerly National Medal of Technology)
- 11 Packard Fellows
- 2 Benjamin Franklin Laureates
- 7 Forbes 30 Under 30 in Science Recipients
- 9 MIT Technology Review 35 Innovators Under 35 Recipients
- 5 Humboldt Research Fellows
- 47 Sloan Research Fellows
Your Contribution Directly Advances Creativity and Innovation in STEM Fields
Through science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, the Hertz Fellows pursue innovative research and entrepreneurial ideas in laboratories at universities across our country. Each year the Foundation selects Hertz Fellows through a highly competitive application and interview process. Currently the Foundation annually awards up to fifteen graduate student Fellowships for fully-funded PhD research, including tuition and stipend (for up to five years).
Contact: Jayne Iafrate
or call 925.583.2411