Created and funded by an anonymous Hertz Fellow for Fellows only, the $300K in 300 Days Challenge
greatly increases the leverage of new and increased gifts. Between now and Dec. 31, 2017, eligible gifts will be matched 3:1, 2:1 or 1:1 (see below for details). This is the Foundation's largest annual giving challenge, and it's designed to encourage other Fellows to give generously, especially those who haven’t been able to give in the past and those whose gifts to the Foundation have lapsed in recent years.
What gifts do not qualify?
How does a gift qualify for the match?
Four types of gifts are matched at different levels, as follows:
- First-time gifts from Fellow non-donors are matched 3:1, unlimited per person. This means that a gift of $100 will qualify for a match of $300, meaning $400 total for the Fellowship Program. Better yet, if you make a multi-year pledge of $5,000 paid over five years—the entire pledge will be matched. That’s $20,000!
- Gifts from lapsed Fellow donors (those whose last gift was received before June 30, 2014) will be matched 2:1, unlimited per person.
- Gifts from Fellow donors who give annually, but do not have a multi-year pledge, will be matched 1:1 on the increased portion of their new gift, from their largest gift ever, up to $20,000 per person.
- Gifts from Fellow donors who currently have a multi-year pledge will be matched 1:1 on the increased portion of their new pledge (not their pledge payment), from their largest pledge ever, up to $20,000 per person. If your pledge payments are complete—or near complete—and you are considering your next investment in Hertz Fellows to the Foundation, this match is a way to significantly increase the impact of your gift.
No gifts from non-Fellows, foundations or corporations (including corporate matches) qualify for this match.
Can Non-Fellows, like my friends, parents and children, participate?
While many Non-Fellows do support the Foundation generously, their gifts this year do not qualify for a match. All matched gifts must come from Fellows.
OK, I gave; now what?
- First, THANK YOU! for your support and trust that your generous investment in today’s brightest students will pay dividends for decades to come.
- Second, spread the word! Challenge your Hertz peers to participate in the Foundation’s largest annual giving challenge ever. There’s never been a better time to leverage your giving for an even bigger impact on the Foundation today.
Questions? Please contact Jayne Iafrate or call 925.583.2411